Upcoming Webinar: COVID-19 and the Case for Force Majeure in California
Join us as two California business trial lawyers present “COVID-19 and the Case for Force Majeure in California”
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, May 27 at 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Pacific Time. Register now.
Businesses throughout California are suffering the crippling economic consequences triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic. Looking for relief, many have been stymied by force majeure (so-called “Act of God”) clauses. Our speakers will discuss how to determine if you have a legitimate claim, and explore critical questions about force majeure in California, including:
- What is a force majeure?
- What constitutes force majeure in California?
- How to determine when to assert force majeure?
- Does force majeure trigger business interruption insurance?
- What are the practical considerations for addressing force majeure in the
Our speakers include:
- Stan Gibson, Partner, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Stan is an experienced business trial lawyer and is the Chair of JMBM’s Patent Litigation Group. Among his numerous successes is the $570M breach of contract and patent infringement verdict for his client in Medtronic v. Michelson, which is listed in the National Law Journal’s Hall of Fame, a list of the 100 highest grossing verdicts since 2003.
- Jessica Newman, Associate, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Jessica Newman is an associate in JMBM’s Litigation Group and a member of its Patent Litigation and Art, Wine & Collectible Assets Groups. Her practice focuses on general commercial litigation, corporate defense and investigation matters, and intellectual property litigation.