Earlier this month, I participated in a roundtable discussion, hosted by Financier Worldwide, on the topic of “Resolving Patent Disputes.” The roundtable participants comprised seven experienced patent lawyers, and we each responded to the questions below.
- In your opinion, what have been the key trends and developments shaping patent disputes over the last 12 months or so?
- To what extent have you observed an increase in the number of patent disputes in today’s business world? What are the most common causes of conflict?
- Have there been any legal or regulatory developments which have had a particularly significant impact on patent disputes?
- Could you outline any recent examples of court cases and judgments with important implications for the patent dispute arena?
- In your opinion, how important is it to develop a quick and decisive strategy for resolving patent disputes? Are companies paying enough attention to dispute prevention strategies?
- What key piece of advice would you give to companies on effectively protecting their patents and enforcing their rights? What are the essential elements of an ongoing monitoring and detection process, for example?
- What are your predictions for patent dispute activity over the coming months? What types of disputes do you expect to dominate this space?
To read a full transcript of the Roundtable, click here.
— Stan Gibson
JMBM’s Patent Litigation Group is a team of experienced patent litigators. Whether pursuing patent violations or defending infringement claims, you need attorneys that provide successful results — and the patent litigators at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP know how to deliver. We represent inventors and entrepreneurs, universities, family-owned businesses, middle-market companies, startups and the FORTUNE 500 in patent litigation. Our approach is aggressive and efficient, and we have an impressive record of wins. Our patent litigators have tried infringement cases in jurisdictions nationwide.