Webinar: Venue Transfer Strategies in Patent Litigation - How Will TC Heartland Change the Landscape?
I am pleased to be a panel member at the Strafford webinar described below. The webinar promises to be informative - I hope you will consider joining us. - Stan Gibson
Venue Transfer Strategies in Patent Litigation - How Will TC Heartland Change the Landscape? Determining Whether and When to File Motions to Transfer Amid Uncertainty, Assessing the Court's Questions in TC Heartland
This 90-minute CLE webinar will provide guidance to patent counsel for developing venue transfer strategies in patent cases. The panel will discuss recent §1404 trends and key considerations that parties should weigh when forming a potential transfer strategy.
Date and Time:
Thursday, March 17, 2016
1:00pm - 2:30pm EDT
• Current lay of the land
• TC Heartland--pre-game analysis
• Best practices and where we are headed
The panel will review these and other key issues:
• What factors should counsel consider when determining whether to seek a change in venue?
• How are different courts applying §1404 and treating motions to transfer venue?
• What strategies have been effective for patent litigators when pursuing or defending motions to transfer venue?
Paul Devinsky, Partner, McDermott Will & Emory
Stanley M. Gibson, Chair, Patent Litigation Group, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Ralph Phillips, Principal, Fish & Richardson
CLE: This webinar is eligible for at least 1.5 general CLE credits.