My partner, Ryan Mauck, and I will be hosting a one-hour webinar on litigating indemnity provisions, which can often arise in the context of patent litigation. The webinar, taking place on March 16, is free of charge and you are invited to attend. Information about the webinar and a link to the registration page are below. - Stan Gibson
Litigating Indemnity Provisions - The Nuts and Bolts of Indemnification
Date and Time: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PST
Who should attend:
• In-house counsel
• Litigators and trial lawyers
• Corporate lawyers who structure indemnity provisions
• Mediators and arbitrators
What you will gain from this webinar:
Participants will gain a better understanding of how to negotiate and draft indemnity provisions, make and respond to indemnification requests, and present a strong defense in disputes regarding indemnity agreements.
• Rules of contractual interpretation of indemnification provisions
• Key provisions in indemnification clauses: examples
• When indemnification includes costs of defense
• Responding to notice and demand
• Strategies for when demand is rejected
Handout material, including sample indemnity provisions and relevant cases will be made available to all participants.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
There is no fee for this webinar.
MCLE: A Certificate of Completion will be provided to all participants. This activity has been approved for 1 hour of Minimum Continuing Legal Education credit by the State Bar of California. Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards for approved education activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education.